Thursday, June 25, 2009

It's About Time!

I know it has been way long since I have done this. I am a terrible slacker. But I do have a pretty good excuse. When you are throwing up everyday, your blog is probably the last thing on your mind too. So if you haven't figured it our, I am pregnant again. Oh the joy of morning sickness (AKA "all day" sickness). Hopefully I am to the point where it is slowing down and I can get back to life. So since not to many food items sound very good to me right now, I thought I would post of recipe of one that actually does. It's the easiest peach cobbler you will ever make. And boy I wish I had all the ingredients right now.

2 cans peach pie filling
1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 c. melted butter
2 tbsp. cinnamon/sugar

Spread pie filling evenly in bottom of 13x9 inch pan. Sprinkle with dry cake mix completely covering fruit. Pour melted butter over entire cobbler. Sprinkle top cinnamon and sugar. Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes. (Sometimes I don't even melt the butter and cut it up in slices and place on the top.) And of course top it off with some good old vanilla ice cream or Cool Whip. Whatever floats your boat.

The best part is that you don't even need a dutch oven to make it! I have a dutch oven but I hate cleaning it out. I'm sure I don't do it right anyways, and it's probably ruined by now. I hope you like it. I am going to try to start doing this again a couple of times a week. I don't know if I can do it daily any more. Not to mention, you run out of ideas really fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment