Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm Back!

I don't know if anyone even noticed I was gone. Well the weather in California was not very warm, but I heard it was pretty warm here the whole time we were gone. So, this is one of my favorite summer recipes for hot days. If you are on a diet stop reading now. It's not a health food recipe for sure. I guess you could make it healthy by buying the fat free cool whip, but why? :)

1 Container of Cool Whip
1 Container of yogurt (any flavor you like)
1 graham cracker crust
fresh fruit (if desired)

All you need to do is make sure your cool whip is soft enough to stir, and stir in your yogurt. If you want fresh fruit in it, stir it in too. Once everything is mixed throw it into the crust and freeze until firm. I like to take it out of the freezer several minutes before cutting it. I love the taste of cool whip and the yogurt adds just enough flavor.

My favorite is raspberry yogurt with fresh (or frozen) raspberries. But I really like all of the types I have tried. I also like to add a hint of food coloring because there isn't much color to it. So for raspberry add some red, peach add some orange...and so on. I probably wouldn't add blue to my peach one, but if it makes you happy, do it. I recommend not using the yoplait yogurt because it has smaller containers. If I am just eating yogurt plain that is the only kind I buy, but for this recipe I usually get the kind that's like 3/$1.00. Cheap yogurt works great! The total cost for making this is probably under $5. And if anyone wants to make one and use frozen strawberries let me know and will totally give you some because I have lots of them.

5 comments:

  1. YOU'RE BACK! you know you really should leave town the last week of the month, remember that is when I get my visiting teaching done. I might have to take you up on the strawberry offer, it sounds really good. And I need to talk to you about the shower that we have been putting off. I will call you sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was supposed to say "shouldn't"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!! Sounds great! I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i trid it and it was delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. So what size of the yogurt and only one? excited to try! thanks

    ReplyDelete