Friday, May 22, 2009

Life is Crazy!

So sorry I didn't post yesterday. We are getting ready to go to Lego Land and I have been busy trying to get everything together. And just so you know from this Sunday to next Sunday I will be gone and won't have access to a computer. I don't know if anyone really cares, but if someone would like to take over for a week let me know.

Today's tip has to be fast. Ryan is already mad that I am on the computer without him. So I have been lucky and never struggled with getting my child to eat. He will eat anything, and I mean anything. We went to Panda Express and I had picked all of the mushrooms out of mine and he ate them all for me. They weren't just sliced mushrooms either, they were full yucky mushrooms. Anyways, if you aren't as lucky as I am with a kid that eats anything then here are a couple simple ideas I have heard. First, give them something to dip in. Kids love to dip. Even as young as Ryan is, he knows the concept of dipping. And if you are worried about dips being unhealthy, then just get healthy ones...kids don't know. Hummus is a good one, and guacamole. Both are fairly good for you and i think they taste pretty darn good myself. So let them dip, even though it gets messy, at least they are eating.

The second idea is to put food on the small plastic skewers. Kids probably ought to be a little older for this one. So they don't poke an eye out or something. But do remember how cool it was when you were little and went to like a wedding or something and they had food on those little colored swords? I totally remember those little swords and how excited I was to eat off of them. You could stick lunch meat, cheese, veggies, fruits, or any other thing you want them to eat and it will make it new and exciting. I hope this helps someone. If you try it let me know how it goes!

Maybe once I get back from vacation maybe I will be all new and refreshed and be better about doing this everyday. That, or so completely exhausted that it will be a month before the next post........

*Really, if someone is interested in helping me out this next week, send me an e-mail or something and I will add you to the account so you can post to. And maybe we could even switch off days after my vacation since I am a total slacker lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment