Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It's 4:00 Already!!

Ahhh, I completely forgot to post my idea for today. And the sad thing is that I haven't really done anything today so I don't even have an excuse. Well I will just make it a quick one. It's been really hard to keep Ryan entertained lately. He gets really bored with his toys really fast. So from working at Head Start I learned that when in doubt get pinto beans. The kids there always loved to play with beans. It's weird, but it works. Last time I went grocery shopping I grabbed a bag of pinto beans for like $1.99. I usually put a quilt on the ground for east cleanup. I jsut gave Ryan a couple of containers, some measuring cups, and a couple other kitchen utnesils. He plays with them for quite a while. He loves pouring them, sticking them between his toes, dumping them on his head, and any other silly thing he can come up with. It's funny to watch the new things he comes up with to do with them. I don't recommend pinto beans for smaller children...choking hazard. But before I bought the pinto beans I did the same thing with rice. That way if they do eat it, it's no big deal. For some reason though, the pinto beans seem to entertain him much longer than the rice did. Try it and see what your kids like though. You can even mix it up with different types of beans. Just make it fun.

Fisher Price Toy -- Ridiculously expensive
Pinto Beans -- $1.99
Having a toddler entertained longer than 2 minutes -- PRICELESS!

1 comment:

  1. These are all such cute ideas! Love the pinto bean idea. Think that will definitly work for my crazy boy. Sorry I haven't posted in awhile I moved and just finally got my internet back.

    ReplyDelete