Monday, May 11, 2009

Making Clothes Modest

Ok, sorry for missing Friday. I was going to do it Saturday, but life gets crazy. I used to work at Migrant Head Start, but then I had Ryan and quit. But then the secretary quit and they had no one to help up front so I was able to take Ryan with me for a while and help until they found someone. Since I am trained in all of the stuff you have to do, I am now the substitute secretary. So I substituted on Friday and today, and I am totally not used to sitting at a desk all day. I know this sounds lazy, but it really wore me out! Anyways, on to today's idea.

Have you noticed lately that skirts and shorts seem to just get shorter and shorter? Well if you are 5'9" and have long legs you probably know why I have to wear the same things to church every Sunday. I like being tall, but it's hard to find clothes long enough. So lately I have been sewing on ribbon, that is an inch to an inch and a half wide, onto the bottom of my skirts. Not only has it made them longer, but they look so much cuter. I had people ask me if I had bought a new skirt. I will try to post a picture, but I am still tired and to lazy to go out to the car and get the camera and then go upstairs and get the skirt and then take a picture and then load it and post it. Did I make it sound like enough work that you wouldn't do it either? Anyways, I would be totally willing to sew ribbon on or show anyone how to do it (it's not hard at all) if you are interested. Let me know. Happy sewing!

1 comment: