Wednesday, May 20, 2009

'Tis the Season...

for mosquito bites. I hate mosquito's and I hate being itchy. I was told to instantly relieve itch from a mosquito bite all you need to do is rub a little soap on it. I haven't had a chance to try it since I just heard it recently, but as soon as those little buggers come out I will have my soap ready! While we are on the subject of relief...another thing I heard was how to get rid of a headache. Apparently all you need to do is cut a lime in half and rub it on your forehead. I have yet to try this one either. But I bet even if it didn't help a headache, it my do something good for your skin. I totally made that up, but you never know....you should try it. Next time I have a headache I am going to. I will let you know how it works!

I love to hear simple remedies for things so if you have any just shoot me an e-mail or comment and I will share it on the blog!

3 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law told me that when you get a mosquito bite you should use your finger nail and make an "X" right on top of it. Apparently that stops the itching. It works for awhile, but then you have to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I do that 'X' thing all the time! I was told to take dryer sheets and set them around the stroller and it would repeal them... haven't tried that before but seems like it would work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When Ryan was little I hung a dryer sheet in his pocket and I don't think he had any bites so it seemed like it worked. I've tried the "x" thing but it seems like they still itch. But I might not do it soon enough.

    ReplyDelete