Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm not a killer...

But, I hate ants in my kitchen and every time I see one I squish it! I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I read some interesting tips on how to get rid of them.

Since I have a child that likes to put anything in his mouth, it scares me to put ant traps down. I was told that an ant will never cross a chalk line. So if you see me outside walking in strange circles around my house at least you will know why. That is to more just keep them out. But to kill them, I read that you can actually put Splenda down and that will kill them. I'm kind of nervous to put sugar on my floor because I'm pretty sure my ants like sugar. If it doesn't kill them then I would just be feeding them and they would come back for more. But I am ready to try anything to get rid of them. I have read all over the internet that it will kill them, so if you have an ant problem, give it a try. And hopefully I'm not giving bad advice!

1 comment:

  1. Ants are no fun! Interesting tip on the splenda. In our old apartment we just put down some ant traps back behind and under the fridge where the kids couldnt get to. Seemed to take care of them.

    Now... a disgusting additional comment... in our new apartment here we have something much much worse then ants... we have discovered a few remaining coachroaches!!!! I guess they were sure that they had eradicated them before we moved in. Nasty nasty nasty nasty nasty, did i say NASTY!

    ReplyDelete