Friday, May 1, 2009

Best Cookies Ever

I think my posts are getting later every day. Anyways, every time I get make these cookies everyone always wants the recipe. I got this recipe from Ollie, a sister in my last ward. They are the easiest things ever...there is no baking at all.

Ingredients

1 pkg. Sandies shortbread cookies
1 pkg milk chocolate chips
1 pkg Carmel bits (the only place I have been able to find these is Wal-mart (blah) on the baking isle. If you can't find these you can do it the "old fashioned" way and unwrap 20-25 caramels
2 Tbs water

Directions

All you have to do is put the cookies out on a cookie sheet or any flat surface. I like to put them on wax paper for easy cleanup. Next melt the caramels in the microwave and make sure to add 2 Tbs. of water, otherwise your caramel will be as hard as a rock. I have forgotten before and it really stinks to have to gnaw on your cookie. Put a spoonful of caramel in the middle of each cookie. Let the caramel set. I usually put them in the fridge to go faster. Next melt your chocolate chips (I like to do it in a double boiler so I don't burn them), and cover the caramel on the cookie. Let the chocolate harden...if you can wait that long, and then serve.

These are called Twix cookies, but I think I might pick them over a Twix. Plus you get a lot more. Try them and let me know what you think.

*If you don't have an actual double boiler, all you need is a pan and a glass bowl that sits nicely on the pan, but not touching the bottom. Fill the pan with water, but make sure you don't feel it with too little or too much. Too little will burn your pan if you run out, and you don't want the water to touch the bowl when you set it in the pan. So boil the water and put your bowl on the pan, and it melts your chips nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment