Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Preparation Idea

Sorry I have slacked again. I think I have started a lot of posts that way lately. Hopefully as soon as I get feeling better I can be more diligent. For now, bear with me :)

Dax and I have have been watching a TV series called Jericho lately. It is about people surviving a nuclear attack on the US. There is a lot more to it than that, but that is the basic idea. Anyways, not that I preparing for a nuclear attack or anything, but I started thinking about being prepared for whatever. As I opened a can of spaghetti sauce I realized that most people now days have electric can openers. (My mind wanders to random places alot) I don't know about you but most of my food storage comes in cans. So what happens when the power goes out and you have no way to open anything? I know we could figure something out, but how nice it is to know that I have a can opener that will still work with no power. So my advice for today is go and buy a hand operated can opener. They probably even sell them at the dollar store. It will definitely come in handy someday when the power goes out and you want a can of beans or something.

1 comment:

  1. Another good idea is a manual wheat grinder for those that are storing wheat in thier food storage. (which I am not yet... lol)

    ReplyDelete