Monday, April 27, 2009

Fast, Tastey, and Healthy

Well I guess I am only going to this Monday through Friday. I didn't realize how busy our weekends are.

If any of you watch the Biggest Loser you probably already know this tip. Have you ever heard of the Zip'n Steam bags? They are bags that you can fill with veggies and even chicken or fish, then pop it in the microwave for like 5 minutes and Voila! Dinner is ready! I bought some and tried them and they actually work really well. We have been having broccoli for dinner almost every night. They come with a little pamphlet with recipes, and you can get more online. Or you can be creative and make up your own. I love that you can put your meat and veggies in and cook them all together. For seasoning you just sprinkle in whatever seasoning you like before you cook it. Just one tip, wait a little bit before taking it out of the microwave. I think it even says that on the package. I burned my finger pretty bad yesterday and it was just from the steam. So from the voice of experience, make sure and read the directions first.

*I just looked at the website (ziploc.com) and apparently you can put other meats and fruits in the bags too. They are amazing! Check out the recipes, they look really good!

2 comments:

  1. Now I just need to get my hubby to eat vegetables and we will be set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you think these are the best inventions ever! LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM! Yay for biggest loser and good ideas! Love you!

    ReplyDelete