Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day

So for Earth Day I wanted to share something that related to being more "green". This idea came from a girl in my mom's ward. My mom is always on the look out for ways to entertain my overly active child. Any of you that have toddler aged children know how hard it is to entertain them. They play with a toy for like 10 seconds and then want something new. It can be quite a chore sometimes.

All you need to entertain them is an egg carton and some pom-poms (not the cheerleader kind). I just showed Ryan how to put the pom-poms in the hole on top and then how to open them and get them back out. This seriously works miracles. He played with it for more than 30 minutes. I don't think he has ever played with one toy for that long. And I must say this toy was a lot cheaper than anything else he has. If you don't already have some fun colored pom-poms, I'm pretty sure you can get them at the Dollar Store. You can probably actually get them from the craft store for the same price.

Another good thing about it is that it's quiet. It's a toy you can take to church or any where else you need to be quiet. If you want to make it even more fun you can even paint the egg carton together. Try it out and let me know if your kids like it.

*Just a tip: Don't always just leave it out to play with, otherwise they are going to get bored of it too. Save it for times when you really need it like church, or while you cook dinner. It will be exciting every time you get it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment